< Back to My Blog
February 10, 2017 1:15 am
Many of us have told a white lie from time to time. Research shows that 80 people of people are willing to tell a white lie now and again. Whether it's out of the goodness of your heart (you just can’t tell your friend how her new haircut looks), or to get out of an awkward social event, white lies are often told. But what are the most common ones?
These were the top 10 most popular white lies that respondents to a OnePoll survey would admit to:
- "I'm on my way!" - More than 62% of people admitted to saying they were somewhere they weren’t.
- "I got stuck in traffic!" - 53% of respondents used busy roads and transport as their excuse for being late.
- “I like your outfit!” – Protecting feelings, or protecting themselves? Either was, 53% of people copped to telling this white lie.
- "It was on sale!" - Although more popular amongst women, almost 45% of people told the occasional fib about how much they were spending.
- “I’m ill!” - 44% of people said they’ll occasionally pull a sickie to get off work.
- “My phone ran out of battery!” - 41% of respondents dodged a conversation by blaming their technology.
- "I only had one drink!" – 36% of respondents said they’d understated how much they’d put away.
“I didn’t have any signal!” - 44% of people just didn’t want to pick up the phone.
- 35% of people said they had lied about spending time with loved ones.
- 32% of our respondents admitted to "boosting" their CV a little bit.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Commenting is closed